Wiarton Airfield - Wiarton, ON 06/27/2009

Pin It Now!


The Tragically Hip
Wiarton Airfield
Wiarton, ON
06/27/2009

Set I

Love Is A First
In View
Gift Shop
Ahead By A Century
Morning Moon
Springtime In Vienna
The Depression Suite
Yer Not The Ocean
Poets
Wheat Kings@
Coffee Girl@
Courage@
The Last Recluse
Grace, Too
Bobcaygeon
Fully Completely
Now The Struggle Has A Name
My Music At Work
New Orleans Is Sinking

Encore
Frozen In My Tracks
Blow At High Dough

@ = Acoustic

Notes: This was a festival gig and therefore not 2 sets as the "Evening with..." shows are. It's kind of surprising they still flipped over to acoustic mode with no intermission and it being a big outdoor gig. The acoustic portion works really well in the smaller 2500-4000 person venues The Hip have been playing. I'm not sure how it would have came off here. Time will tell.

This would have been a hometown show for me back in the day being from Owen Sound. Many, many field parties I attended in the Grey-Bruce area had The Hip blaring in the background as the young locals with nothing better to do got soused week after week. I expect crowd reports to indicate nothing much has changed with the locals :)

2 comments:

Cornseed said...

We just decided to go to Halifax (from Fredericton) for Virginfest on Saturday. Attended both nights in Montreal (btw - Two nights in Montreal would make a great folloup DVD to ONIT - Tiger the Lion was the best 5 mins of my life) and loved the 2 set structure. Can't see how the accoustic set could work as well without the break, unless of course it began with Greasy Jungle.

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip. I spent 3 summers in St. Andrews, NB and just loved it out there. Some of my best friends to this day I met there and most are now in Halifax today. They will be attending the festival on the 4th as well.

I think outside of the 2 set shows, stripping down for the acoustic portion seems a little unnecessary since it's really only the drum kit. They have played all these songs many times w/o the change over and they switch equipment so much on stage anyways...

Have fun at the Festy and travel safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...