Centennial Concert Hall - Winnipeg, MB 09/07/2009

Pin It Now!


The Tragically Hip
Centennial Concert Hall
Winnipeg, MB
09/07/2009

Set I*

The Depression Suite
New Orleans Is Sinking
Yer Not the Ocean
Don't Wake Daddy
Ahead By A Century
Morning Moon
Poets
Gus: The Polar Bear from Central Park
At the Hundredth Meridian
Family Band
Love Is A First

Set II

Thompson Girl@
Coffee Girl@
Wheat Kings@
Grace, Too
The Last Recluse
In View
The Dark Canuck
Bobcaygeon
Courage
The Exact Feeling
My Music at Work
Blow at High Dough

Encore:
Queen of the Furrows
Little Bones

@ = Acoustic
* = First set may be incomplete.

Notes: Well, The Hip are back on the road after a short break and 'life is good' as they say. I guess any dates outside of the Nov - Mar window are good dates in the Peg, eh? Ho ho ho. All kidding aside, the Winnipeg is a great city that got screwed out of their still mediocre hockey team. If anyone can tell me why they built a new arena that is always going to be a few thousand short of any real consideration for the NHL to EVER return, I'd love to know. As would the fine readers of this gibberish I spew.

I'm glad we're back in the intimate settings doing the multi-nighters and the setlist reflects this. Yes, New Orleans and Courage are both still on the menu so I guess just roll with it. Nice to see Don't Wake Daddy, The Dark Canuck, The Exact Feeling and Queen of the Furrows.

In light of the Pac Man Jones debacle in Winnipeg, I just want to remind everyone that the 2009/10 NFL season starts on Thursday. If you are inclined to gamble, as I am, hit up the fine folks at Sports Interaction. They also cover CFL & NHL and you don't have to parlay 3 games at once to win like some provincial sports LOTTOS, arguably the dumbest bet one could ever make.

I just got back from Vegas this past week, just in time for The Hip's return to the road. Feel free to check that out here if you're bored and just looking to fuck the dog at work. I am going to be running a free hockey league of some sort for all readers with some pretty cool prizes, so keep us bookmarked and check back in for details.

Original content written and provided by mrjackstraw from Tragically Hip Tour at http://tragicallyhiptour.blogspot.com. All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your missing #4 Don't Wake Daddy between ocean and century

Unknown said...

Cheers for the info!

-mrjackstraw

Anonymous said...

Didn't they play Twist My Arm in set 1? I was sure they did, but can't remember where it was in the set.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, thought that list was for the Sept 9th show. My mistake. Ignore the previous post. Do you have the set list for the 9th show?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...