2012/12/12: House Of Blues - West Hollywood, CA

Pin It Now!

The Tragically Hip
House Of Blues
West Hollywood, CA
2012/12/12



HOB - Sunset Strip...


Setlist:
At Transformation, Grace Too, Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man, Man Machine Poem, Gift Shop, Ahead By A Century, Streets Ahead, Eldorado, Poets, Now For Plan A, In view, The Kids Don't Get It, Fully Completely, We Want To Be It, NOIS > Nautical Disaster > NOIS, Bobcaygeon, Fire In The Hole, Goodnight Attawapiskat

Encore:
Blow At High Dough, Long Time Running, Courage, The Lookahead, At The Hundredth Meridian, Little Bones


Notes: I made the trip up to West LA from San Diego for this one. It was a long day on the road as the wife and I awoke on Wednesday in Las Vegas. I had to drive her home before heading back up I-5 and into the traffic nightmare of LA. I managed to make it to the Sunset Strip at about 7:30 after leaving SD at 3:30. Not good time if you do the numbers... Anyway, it all worked out.

I brought some of my Pigeon Camera and Little Bones T-Shirts to sling before and after the show and I was able to cover my costs and meet some pretty cool people as well. I was lucky enough to get miracled for the show and this is the second time this has happened to me. (The first was 2006/06/24 Fort York. The return of 38 Yrs Old.) I usually don't purchase a ticket in advance for these small US venue shows as they alway release tickets on the day of and are rarely "sold out". Plus you can usually get your tickets from the box office on the day of the show without having to pay the ticket company fees which is probably about 25% of the ticket cost these days. Also, the "ticket broker" outside drop their price quite quickly once the show starts...

I think I'm heading to Anahiem on Friday so I'm going to wait to do a more extensive review. I do want to mention how good the new songs sounded. Especially 'Now For Plan A'. That was definitely my favorite song of the night. I'm not sure the last time I caught Eldorado live. I'll have to check on that. That, along with Escape were the highlights of the older stuff for me. Kind of a bit more heavy on the 'greatest hits', but it's hard to complain about this on a micro level. It will be fun to crunch the numbers after the US leg to see how the setlist have evolved as the tou has moved across the continent. There are always a lot more deep cuts at the beginning of tours than there are near the end for some reason...

Overall it was a great night. It's always cool for a Canuck to see the boys in these intimate venues. (Has that ever been said before?) It poured rain upon exiting the venue and it poured all the way home to SD. Whatever... I was grinning and singing all the way.





Don't forget you can follow us and hang with the other HipHeads on both Facebook and Twitter.

The original content and digital art is provided by Tragically Hip Tour.  All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only. All lyrics and album art are reproduced here for reference and educational purposes only and they belong to the originally credited artist and label.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...