The Hip Covers Project: Chris Koster - Fully Completely

Pin It Now!


I usually do these on Fridays but it didn't work out last week so we'll use 'The Hip Covers Project' as a Monday bump...

I had always had it in mind to present this particular performance. I am a huge fan of this song. I think it's one of The Hip's most awesome weapons in its live arsenal. I like them long. I like them to build. And I like them to explode.

Of course one of the traits of a good song is that is can be reinterpreted and still be effective. The version below is completely unlike The Hip's. It's moodier. And this is a moody song. It's a serious song.

This performance by Chris Koster took place at the 'Holiday Jam In Support Of The Sick Kids Foundation' on December 14, 2009 at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, ON.

Thanks to Jeff for pushing this one. Check out his YouTube vids at Concertaholics.








You can find Chris here:
Twitter - @chriskoster
Beginners Guide To Endings
Wikipedia Page


The Hip Covers Project - Past Performances

Justin Rutledge - Nautical Disaster
Herbert Bail Orchestra - Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
Melanie Morgan Band - Courage
Kevin Stebner - Bobcaygeon
Jon Alexander - Scared




Don't forget that I always welcome suggestion for this series. I know there's stuff out there I haven't seen. And if you're in a band or whatever, why not do something for this?




Don't forget you can follow us and hang with the other HipHeads on both Facebook and Twitter.

The original content and digital art is provided by Tragically Hip Tour.  All rights reserved. RSS feeds are for non-commercial use only. All lyrics and album art are reproduced here for reference and educational purposes only and they belong to the originally credited artist and label.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...